It seems that if you look on a calendar you can find a special day for just about everything. Some of these days can seem quite trivial while others come about from a real sense of need. Such is the case with the newly established Global Recycling Day.
Why Global Recycling Day?
The Global Recycling Foundation wanted to share their two-part mission with the world. Their mission is:
- To tell world leaders that recycling is simply too important not to be a global issue, and that a common, joined up approach to recycling is urgently needed.
- To ask people across the planet to think resource, not waste, when it comes to the goods around us – until this happens, we simply won’t award recycled goods the true value and repurpose they deserve.
In 2018 Global Recycling Day was established by the Global Recycling Foundation to “help recognise, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.”
What Can You Do?
As a business, you may be asking yourself, “What can we do to participate in Global Recycling Day?” and the answer is really simple: Recycle. That’s right, if you want to participate in Global Recycling Day then all you have to do is recycle.
Of course, if you’re looking to mark the day in a special way, here are some ideas you can take as a business owner to have your whole company participate in Global Recycling Day:
1. Share the Day with Your Staff. Your staff may not even know that this is a special day so take the time to share it with them. A simple email or an announcement at your staff meeting can help to raise awareness to the importance of recycling within your office and on a global level.
2. Thank Your Staff. Your office probably already recycles, and your staff may be quite good at it – so thank them for it on this special day. This is a perfect day to recognize their efforts.
3. Provide the Right Resources. Does your office have a centralised recycling centre? Do you have enough bins to handle all of your recycling? Are your bins properly labeled so that the correct items are being disposed of properly and will avoid going to the landfill? Make sure you do so that recycling is a part of your business culture. Your waste management and recycling company can help make sure you are properly equipped to handle your recycling needs.
4. Participate in a Special Recycling Event. Perhaps as a team you can take some time to participate in a recycling event. Take the time to get rid of those obsolete electronics that are cluttering a closet at the office or shred the important documents that are overdue. Once again, your recycling company can aid with proper disposal.
On March 18, 2019 the world will celebrate Global Recycling Day. Take the time to mark this day at your office and thank your staff for all they do to help the environment.
If your business can use some assistance with their recycling efforts be sure to contact our team at 01392 537126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help make sure you have all of the necessary resources to run your recycling program easily and efficiently.